BMW 3 Series (F30, F31, F34) 2012-2015 Repair Manual
The BMW 3 Series (F30, F31, F34) Service Manual: 2012-2015
contains in-depth maintenance, service and repair information for the
BMW 3 Series from 2012 to 2015. The aim throughout has been simplicity
and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and
accurate specifications. Whether you're a professional or a
do-it-yourself BMW owner, this manual helps you understand, care for and
repair your 3 Series.
The do-it-yourself BMW owner will find this manual indispensable as a
source of detailed maintenance and repair information. Even if you have
no intention of working on your vehicle, you will find that reading and
owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more
intelligently with a professional technician.
- Maintenance procedures from changing the cabin microfilter to
replacing and registering a new battery. This manual tells you what to
do and how and when to do it.
- Front-to-rear fluid and lubricant service, including xDrive transfer case fluid and ATF.
- Cylinder head cover gasket and crankshaft seal replacement.
- Cooling system, thermostat and radiator service.
- Gasoline fuel and ignition system diagrams and explanations for turbo-valvetronic-direct injection (TVDI) engines.
- Diesel fuel injection system diagrams and explanations for turbo-direct injection (TDI) engine management systems.
- Service and repair information on BMW EfficientDynamics
technology, such as Valvetronic, xDrive, TwinPower turbo, and DSC
(dynamic stability control).
- Twin scroll (gasoline) and variable vane (diesel) turbocharger removal and installation.
- Step-by-step variable camshaft timing (VANOS) service.
- Suspension repairs, including wheel bearing replacement.
- Brakes, steering and ABS troubleshooting and repair.
- Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body and hood repairs and adjustments.
- Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Comprehensive wiring schematics, including fuses and grounds.
- BMW OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
- BMW factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torques.
- N20 engine: 320i, 328i, including xDrive
- N26 (SULEV) engine: 328i including xDrive
- N55 engine: 335i, including xDrive
- N47 engine: 328d, including xDrive
Manual transmissions (remove, install, external service):
- GS6-17BG (4-cylinder models)
- GS6-45BZ (6-cylinder models, RWD)
- GS6X-45BZ (6-cylinder models, with xDrive)
Automatic transmissions (remove, install, external service):